We checked the mountain weather for tomorrow and it will be cold and windy with some thunderstorms on Schneeberg. So it doesn't make sense to go tomorrow. We will postpone the trip to end of May or June !!!
Dear intenational students.
The weather is nice, the mountains call. We will have an amazing trip to Schneeberg, the first “big” mountain close to Vienna. We will go by train and bus from Wien Meidling.
The plan is as follows: we meet on Saturday at 7:45 a.m. in front of the ticket shop of Bahnhof Wien Meidling to catch the train to Puchberg am Schneeberg. There we will take the bus to come directly to the entry point of the mountain. It will take about 4-5 hours to reach the top. 1500 meter elevation!!! So it’s a real hard tour. When we reached the top (where we can eat in a nice cottage), we will stay there about one hour and go back a different way. We probably won’t come back to Vienna before 9 p.m. so reserve the whole day for this amazing event!!
What you need:
- Good shoes: seriously, you can’t go without hiking shoes!!!
- At least 1,5 Liter of water.
- Some food for during the hike (you can just buy something on the top of the mountain).
- Rain jacket
- A warm Pullover (even if it is warm in the valley, there might be a quite cold wind on the top)
- Good condition.
- About 15 Euro for train and bus.
- A backpack where you can store all your stuff.
!!! If the weather doesn’t fit, we will postpone the trip!!!! - So check the facebook-event or our homepage the day before the event.
Please register for the event on our homepage:
There are just LIMITED places!!
- Everyone is invited.